The Tax-Aide program sponsored by the IRS and AARP Foundation is again providing free federal income tax assistance this year. The program is designed to assist taxpayers age 60 and over but will also assist low and moderate income filers.
There are three locations supported by the local volunteers.
- Sterling Municipal Library in Baytown, Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon to 4 p.m.
- Stratford Library in Highlands, Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- North Channel Branch of Harris County Public Library, Thursdays from noon to 4 p.m.
Services will end April 15. Tax payer should bring the following items with them:
- Social Security cards for yourself and all dependents
A copy of last year’s tax return
- W-2 forms from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
- All 1099 forms (10-99-INT, 1099-DIV, etc.)
The stated information comes from the Tuesday, January 21, 2014 edition of The Baytown Sun Newspaper Vol. 94, No. 15